After reading my last post(Signs You Have Experienced Narcissistic Abuse) and realizing you are suffering from Narcissistic abuse, what do you do now? Information is overwhelming and swirling through your head and up looks like down and right looks like left. Start here to get your equilibrium back.
How to recover from Narcissistic abuse:
- Go “No Contact”.
- Set healthy boundaries.
- Acknowledge the truth & forgive yourself.
- Heal your inner child.
- Activate your Vagus nerve & do an adrenal reset.
- Learn grounding techniques & self soothing.
- Allow yourself to grieve & be angry.
- Seek professional help.
- Work on self-esteem.
- Focus on things that you can control(ex. your own behavior).
- Understand why the narcissist acts the way they do.
- Remember narcissists are incapable of real feelings.
This is just a short list of things that will aid you in the healing process after narcissistic abuse. Be kind to yourself and learn to love the person you are, while starting this journey to be the best you possible. This is just the beginning of a beautiful journey to find the true you, the best version of yourself. Be patient with yourself and practise self-care along your journey.
Connect with me:
Do you have a question or a topic on narcissistic abuse you would like me to write about? Please comment here or email me at ContactZi@yahoo.com
View story at Medium.com
6 Steps to Emotional Healing after Narcissistic Abuse (#1 is the most important!)