After narcissistic abuse, we are left a shell of who we once were. Recovery is a time for rebuilding and remembering who we are and who we want to be. This is one of the largest parts of recovery, because often we did not even realize we lost part of ourselves until it was too late. The little pieces of our soul we gave away willingly to make other people happy add up and we are left with a hole in our hearts and souls. Rebuilding your self-esteem is an essential part of narcissistic abuse recovery.
Here are 16 tips to build self-esteem:
- Avoid negative self talk and stop the inner critic.
- Connect with people you love.
- Learn to be assertive.
- Take care of yourself-practice self-care.
- Be mindful.
- Change your story(your inner narrative).
- Practice forgiveness with yourself and others.
- Use positive affirmations.
- Learn to accept compliments.
- Affirm your worth-make a list of your positive qualities.
- Practice gratitude.
- Be kinder to other people
- Try something new.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
Connect with me:
Do you have a question or a topic on narcissistic abuse you would like me to write about? Please comment here or email me at ContactZi@yahoo.com
5 ways to build lasting self-esteem
How to Improve Your Self-Esteem: 12 Powerful Tips